In my humble experience... engagement, and discussion, and progress, start with a question.
"How are you today?"... "What can I do for you today?"... "How can I help you become successful?"... "How can we solve this problem?" And my favourite, "What does that little bee beside your name mean?" 🐝
As I have mentioned previously, I've become involved with a new social media platform called beBee (www.bebee.com) and have found it a wonderful place to expand my professional network, engage with professionals through my blogging, develop collaborations, and increase my business opportunities. beBee has become an important part of my overall social media network and strategy.
Recently, and as part of my ongoing personal brand strategy development, I placed a small bee beside my name in all of my active social media platforms (my website, beBee, LinkedIn, email signature and Twitter), and almost immediately the question came my way, "What's with the bee beside your name?"
What a wonderful question!
It gave me the opportunity to explain beBee, offer a perspective regarding my beBee experience so far, and start the discussion as to why he should consider joining this exciting new social media platform. For me it's easy because in five months...
- "I've expanded my professional network by over 400 people".
- "I've expanded my blog readership; in many cases engaging in great discussion with a wide variety of very skilled and knowledgeable people".
- I've connected with people who have similar interests.
- "I've been exposed to blog posts and commentary that have made me think and helped me grow professionally".
- "I've developed a number of trusted relationships where I know I will receive candid, respectful feedback".
- "I've developed at least one business collaboration".
- "I've become a beBee Brand Ambassador".
- "I've been given a platform to begin developing my proficiency at vlogging".
- "I've uncovered and developed professional opportunities".
- "I've been reminded that this is a big, beautiful world... with amazing people in it".
I encouraged him to check it out, and he said he would.
I am not the only one doing this because lately I've seen the little bee show up next to the names of more and more beBee members as they spread the word and start the discussion... a growing swarm it seems. If you haven't heard of beBee it is worth checking into it as part of your social media strategy, and if you are already a member, you may want to consider putting the little bee beside your name... simply copy this bee 🐝 and attach it anywhere you see fit (in some cases you can even hyperlink it back to your beBee profile).
In the end, we want people to "ask the questions and start the discussions" because isn't that what beBee is about?
In fact, isn't that what anything worthwhile is all about?