There Will Be Blood, mostly in the figurative sense, although sometimes, in the literal sense too.
If you've ever seen the movie There Will Be Blood, you are familiar with the opening twenty minutes and the journey of the main character as he builds and defines his success; cumulating in the movie's dramatic finale. My intent is not to critique the movie but look at the movie's opening as an analogy, reminder, and motivator for success in anything you do.
For those who have never seen the opening scene of There Will Be Blood, I have attached it for your viewing pleasure.
Anyone who is trying to achieve something can't help but identify with the imagery and struggles of the man in the mine... both literally of figuratively. It is a stark reminder of the trials and tribulations on the road to success.
- Building on an idea, and the search for success, can be a very lonely venture.
- Hard work is the only way; day after day, after day...
- Things will go wrong and no one will be there to help you fix it. It is yours to figure out.
- There will be times when willpower and conviction are the only two friends you have to keep you going.
- The road to success is hard, painful and difficult.
- Over time, and little by little, the momentum of success builds and the trials and tribulations continue.
- You decide the type of person you will be as your success builds.
- There is no success unless you try.
And finally, I don't remember anyone saying it would be easy.