The following is the original and the rewrite can be found by clicking here.
Just for the sake of argument, let's say I've had a very bad week; current projects are completely overwhelming, what's supposed to be working just isn't, wonderful opportunities continue to stay at arms length, and the specter of Doubt starts to insidiously creep in... followed by the other three Horsemen of the Apocalypse* - Fear, Despair and Unworthiness.
Doubt - the feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction.
Fear - an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
Despair - the complete loss or absence of hope.
Unworthiness - the belief of not being good enough to deserve something or someone: not worthy.
Why do I call them the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
They will surely bring great catastrophe on anything and everything you want to accomplish; they are the destroyers of action and effective execution - They will leave nothing but unrealized ideas, lost opportunities, and regret in their wake. Doubt, Fear, Despair are each more dangerous than the other and will lead to the most destructive horsemen of all - Unworthiness; it will stop you from ever making anything happen.
How do you deal with them?
- Confront the horsemen head on: The four horsemen of the apocalypse are only as strong as you let them be. - Give them no quarter; they are truly liars and cowards.
- Deal in reality and not in what is imagined: Work with the facts of the situation and develop a plan to deal with your situation - Reality leads to fact based solutions, action and success.
- Use your network to offer a perspective on the situation - They do not fear your horsemen.
- Look to those who motivate you!
- Remember: "You are worthy. For no other reason than you are alive. You're worthy of love, success, support, heath and happiness. You're worthy of exactly what you desire in life. Stop holding back or limiting yourself because you believe you're unworthy. Ask for what you want and take action towards creating it for yourself."**
This is what I have come up with so far to handle my horsemen; next week will be a great week!
* The actual four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are Conquest, War, Famine and Death.
** From Awesomelifetips.com